This is my baby…Facebook!
Here’s a trivia question to pull out at your next cocktail party, “Which website generates the most traffic?” Unless you’re chatting with a social media fiend, your friend will most likely guess Google. Wrong. Facebook not only generates more traffic than Google, but accounts for 50% of the mobile internet traffic in the UK. If you’re unsure of the effect social media has on your business, Erik Qualman will convince you with his mind-blowing video. Of all the astounding facts Qualman shares in the video and on his website these are our favorites:
- If Facebook was a country it would be the 3rd largest nation in the World. Hmm wonder what the national anthem would be?
- How long have you been reading this blog, 1 minute? Well, in the past 1 minute 60 people joined LinkedIn.
- There must be a lot of smart shoppers out there because Groupon will reach $1 billion in sales in less time than any company before it.
- Don’t even try to read everything on Wikipedia. If Wikipedia was a book it would take you 123 years to read the whole thing.
- Looking for baby names? In Egypt newborns have been named “Facebook.”
- If you’re not worried about monitoring what social media users say about your business, you might be in big trouble. 90% of people trust their peers for recommendations (compared to 14% of people who trust paid advertising.)
- You may have seen in commercials that 1 out of 5 relationships begins online, but Facebook is blamed for 1 out of 5 divorces.
If you haven’t jumped on the social media bandwagon yet, it’s past time to join the 93% of marketers using it. Qualman will convince you that social media is a tool that can make or break your business. So update that Facebook page, tweet at your followers, and maybe be the first to name your child LinkedIn!