5 Quotes from ABC’s Shark Tank You Need to Hear
The critically-acclaimed business-themed show, Shark Tank, has the Sharks continuing the search to invest in the best businesses and products that America has to offer. The show received a nomination for a Producers Guild Award in 2013. In 2012 “Shark Tank” received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Reality Program and a nomination for a Critics’ Choice Television Award for Best Reality Series. The Sharks — tough, self-made, multi-millionaire and billionaire tycoons — will once again give budding entrepreneurs the chance to make their dreams come true and potentially secure business deals that could make them millionaires. They are: billionaire Mark Cuban, owner and chairman of AXS TV and outspoken owner of the 2011 NBA championship Dallas Mavericks; real estate mogul Barbara Corcoran; “Queen of QVC” Lori Greiner; technology innovator Robert Herjavec; fashion and branding expert Daymond John; and venture capitalist Kevin O’Leary.
Here are some of the top quotes from Shark Tank:
1. “The biggest mistake entrepreneurs can make is trying to do everything themselves. They usually blow up when they try. I did an inventory of every deal I’ve ever done and it turned out that every single deal I made money on was a partnership, and every colossal failure, where I lost millions, was something I tried to do by myself.” – Kevin O’Leary
2. “Having the ability to be brutally honest with yourself is the greatest challenge you face when creating a business model. Too often we oversell ourselves on the quality of the idea, service, or product. We don’t provide an honest assessment of how we fit in the market, why customers will buy from us, and at what price.” – Mark Cuban
3. “When you sell a product or service, you’re making a promise to your audience. If you don’t understand your audience, you’ll never be able to keep that promise and you’ll ultimately let them down.” – Daymond John
4. “Not only is a good name catchy and memorable, it should help people understand what your business does. If your name reflects your products or services you’ll have a much better chance of being found [via Google search], so it’s important to choose wisely.” – Lori Greiner
5. “Downturns are the best time to start businesses because you develop discipline that’s very lean and mean in terms of how to spend money. And those habits serve you very well in good times.” – Kevin O’Leary
Posted on March 12, 2014, in Entrepreneur, Small Business and tagged abc, barbara corcoran, daymond john, kevin o'leary, lori greiner, mark cuban, robert herjavec, shark tank. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.